Monday, November 3, 2008

Where am I?


Truth be told, I'm not quite sure myself. I seem to be lost amongst the sewing, cheerleading, juggling of children's activities, sickness, never-ending housework and Prop 8. 

Honestly, I only have a smidgen of writing time available these days and I've spent mine rambling to loved ones about my feelings on Prop 8, through individual emails, and a reply-to-all here and there.

So when I saw this video today on one of the blogs I frequent, it made me smile. For one reason, it's nice to know we're not alone and for another, I am in love with family dynamics. I love families. It doesn't matter if they are disagreeing, getting along, everyone agreeing and singing kumbaya around the fire, or stomping around slamming doors and in some cases hitting that "send" button with all the passion they can cram into that tiny finger on the mouse.

Because families kick ass. It's why I want 10 kids. Do I want to birth and raise 10 kids right now? 

No. 

And so I'm currently trying to figure out a way to somehow avoid that, yet still end up with 10 kids and 50 grandkids when I am old and actually have the time to bake and sew and sing kumbaya.


so for all of you whose families are driving you crazy - love them anyway, and then watch this video and know you're not alone...



No comments: